This week, we’re launching a new series on the Providge blog! Every Friday, we’ll share a roundup of some of the industry stories and articles that grabbed our attention during the week. Whether it be trends in big data, breaking healthcare news, or helpful Excel tips, if it grabs our attention we’ll share it here. Along with a sprinkling of humor to keep us all laughing as we head into the weekend.
Happy Friday, ya’ll!
- What We Still Don’t Know About Higher Education, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation via The Washington Post
- Hortonworks Unveils Big Data Scorecard, by Thor Olavsrud, CIO
- ERP Implementation for Small Business: The Three Most Common Pitfalls, by Chris Barry, Tech.Co
- IBM to Buy Meteorix, a WorkDay Service Partner, by Claudia Assis, MarketWatch
- Inova’s Vision for ExxonMobil Campus includes Restaurants, Retail, Lots of Research by Tina Reed, Washington Business Journal
- How to Teach People About Health Care Pricing, by Jeffry Kullgren, Harvard Business Review
- Telemedicine Expands, Though Financial Prospects Still Uncertain, by Alex Smith, NPR
Tips & Tricks
- The 7 Excel Tricks Every Office Worker Should Know, by Lindsay Kolowich, HubSpot
- The Smartest Ways to Network at a Party, by Sue Shellenbarger, Wall Street Journal
And finally, to end the week on a humorous note – IT never changes: