PeopleSoft Campus Solutions 9.2 is scheduled to be released later this year. The new release is set to bring with it some exciting features that significantly improve the user experience.
But, as most upgrades do, this new version of Campus Solutions comes with a few caveats.
For those considering an upgrade to CampusSolutions 9.2, it’s important to be aware of a few key things before the new version is released later this year. So, we’ve gathered the five most important things you need to now about the forthcoming 9.2 release.
- Make sure your university is current on bundles. To be able to upgrade to the new version of Campus Solutions your university will need to be using at least version 9.0, including bundle #34. You’ll also need to be using HCM Bundle #25. Make sure you meet, or will meet these requirements before considering an upgrade to 9.2.
- Selective patching is on its way. Starting with CS 9.2 users will have the ability to determine which patches should be installed. PeopleSoft Update Manager (PUM) will be leveraged to create this selective patching functionality. For those on the technical side that initially this functionality will be presented through the standard Tangerine style sheet for classic PeopleSoft pages. Eventually, this will move to the Fluid User Interface through PeopleTools 8.55.
- PS Payroll will not be available in CS 9.2. If your university currently uses PeopleSoft Payroll for Student Financials Refunding, and you plan to upgrade to CS 9.2 then you’ll need to consider your options before upgrading. Oracle’s current recommendation is to use PeopleSoft Accounts Payable for the refunding functionality, but additional options are available on My Oracle Support.
- No more new releases every few years. With the introduction of CS 9.2 the need for new releases every few years will disappear. PeopleSoft is moving toward a selective adoption approach which will remove the need to create new releases. As discussed above, the selective adoption will be managed through the PeopleSoft Update Manager which allows users to select not only which updates they’d like to implement, but also when those updates should be implemented.
- Fluid will simplify self-service. CS 9.2 will leverage the PeopleSoft User Experience, Fluid, to simplify self service. The new interface will be optimized for mobile devices (welcome to the 21st century Campus Solutions). Additionally, users will have the ability to enable fluid mode at the web profile level. It’s important to note that you will only be able to view fluid pages if you browser supports PeopleSoft’s Fluid User Interface. You will only be able to access the classic pages if you are using an unsupported browser.
Does your university need assistance preparing for Campus Solutions 9.2? Get in touch with us today and we’ll help determine your readiness for the upcoming release.